Sunday, September 11, 2011

**Blush**

I have a confession. 

Remember way back when I went vegetarian? Well, it didn't take. There. I've said it. It's out in the open and I already feel better about it. 

I enjoyed exploring vegetarianism and I enjoyed the food (except for tofu - I never did develop a taste for that), but the reality is that when my daughter returned home to live it was too problematic. She is not vegetarian. She loves meat, and that's fine. What was a problem was the two meals going on thing. I'd either have to cook two separate meals, or I'd have to wait while she did her meal before I could do mine - or vice versa - and when you work full time, time is a precious commodity that has to be carefully budgeted to make the most of it. So I had to don my serious thinking hat and decided that, since she is probably never going to become vegetarian, and since the whole time issue was becoming even more of an issue, that I would be the one to compromise. I won't lie and say I hate every mouthful, because I don't. Unfortunately, I suppose. And there is a part of me that wonders if I subconsciously used my daughter as a way to start eating meat again. I don't really think so, as I was very happy being vegetarian, but the doubt is there.

 So, that now being in the open, I can again start posting the kinds of things we like to eat. This was Chicken Maryland roasted with yams and parsnips. The chicken I bought at the supermarket, already coated. It looked nice and it was a good deal. It was absolutely delicious served with greens and a herb gravy. 

I have to say I feel honest again now, if a little bit of a flake.

No comments:

Post a Comment